China-based “SAST” has unveiled a new variant of the HQ-16 air defence system called the HQ-16FE.
- Range: 3.5 km to 160 km (against aircraft)
- Altitude: from 15 m to 27 km
- Final stage guidance SARH + ARH
- Radar range: 250 km +
- Cold vertical launch
- 5 radars (1 for search + 4 for guidance)
- The system can track 12 targets simultaneously and intercept 8 of them
- Equipped with 6 missiles
The HQ-16FE’s missile has a weight of 650 kg, a length of 5.2 m, and a diameter of 0.34 m. It can intercept flying targets at altitudes ranging from 15 m to 18 km.